skip navigation

Board Meeting Minutes - April 7, 2013

By Webmaster, 04/07/13, 4:15PM PDT


Board Meeting Minutes
April 7, 2013
Phone Conference

Board Members present:
Mary Ann Douglas, Jay Terry, Melissa Simmons, Beth Michaelson, Andy Cook, Ron Beard, Chris Feist, Suzie Velarde, Dave Gilbertson, Kim Burchett, Jim Burchett, Craig Hanson, Sean Ekerson, Tom Martin, Luke Leifer

Board Members not present:
Ty Michaelson

Call to Order:
Chairman Jay Terry called the meeting to order at 6:03

Old Minutes
Craig made a motion to accept the board meeting minutes from the February Board meeting and Emergency Meeting, Ron seconds, motion passes.

Action Item: Vote on Ron’s Motion regarding $2 fund
Wrestlers must compete in 5 tournaments to receive funding from the $2 fund. Greco and Freestyle State count as separate tournaments and NW Regionals also counts.
Motion passes 9 yeas 2 nays
New Business:
Freestyle/Greco State update. Jay has been meeting with the TSSS in an effort to make FS/Greco run smoother the following will take place.
-optional night before weigh-ins for peewee through novice from 7-8pm
-weigh ins for all divisions 7-8am
-Freestyle will start at 10am, Greco at 9am
-wrestlers will be able to bring food in for themselves only through the passgate
-Dolomar is brining 14 mats, Jay is working to arrange other mats
-TSSS coordinating with WIAA to get matside clocks
-Sean is making numbers for clocks
-Andy is arranging table help
-Tom is handling secutiry

Board Reports:

Jim Burchett, Deputy Director
• Fargo letter going out the week of April 7th

Kim Burchett, Membership Director
• Total revenue is up about $1,100.
• Total membership is up. Coaches up 180, athletes 884
• 335 wrestlers upgraded from limited to full, 250 of those in February
• April 15th is last day to sanction post-season tournament

Mary Ann Douglas, Treasurer
• Already have over $19k in $2 fund

Mary Ann Douglas, Pairings Director
• Going well

Melissa Simons, Women’s Director
• coordinating with Jim regarding Fargo
• putting together letter for women wrestlers
• Rachel Archer received scholarship to Oklahoma

Craig Hanson, Coaches Director
• Limiting # of participants in Bronze Clinic to number of books
• Will be passing on coach apps to directors
• Jay recommends adding $500 to stipend for airfare. Directors will discuss this.

Tom Martin, Officials Director
• Working on solidifying officials for State
• Some officials not showing for assignments

Andy Cook, Open Director
• Travelling to Vegas with Open Team

Dave Gilbertson, Web Director
• Asks Directors to pass info on so it can be posted on the website

Luke and Chris
• Coordinating training camp schedule

Ron Beard, Eastern Kids Director
• Will be handing out information on Western Regionals at weigh-ins

Sean Ekerson, Western Kids Director
• Has Flyer complete and will get it to Dave to post on Website

Ty Michaelson (report by Beth), Promotions Director
• T-Shirt design almost complete
• Question for Jay about sponsorship from AllAmerican. Jay will call Ty.

Kim makes a motion to adjourn. Mary Ann seconds. Meeting adjourns at 8:31 pm