Andy has volunteered at family nights, youth wrestling tournaments, Youth football games and served as a tutor for struggling students.
- He is a member of DECA and Pep Club
- 3-year member of the Toppenish High School Leadership courses and served as the ASB secretary during his junior year.
- He has been on honor roll every semester and has received his academic letter.
- He has run cross country and played football
- Three year member of the Varsity Baseball and Wrestling teams
- Member of the back to back state wrestling championship teams
- 2x Individual State Wrestling Champion at 152 and 160 pounds.
- He was the 2018 Athlete of the Year a recognition devoted to the best wrestler of the region and was recognized at the Yakima Valley Sports Award Luncheon
- He is currently the top ranked student in his class with a cumulative 4.0 GPA.
- He has succeed in highly rigorous course work which include Honors classes in Biology, chemistry, algebra, geometry, algebra II, English 9, 10, and 11.
- He is currently earning college credits at Toppenish High School by taking UW English, and Eastern Washington University Performance Training.
- Recognized as the 2018 Toppenish Boy of the Year
- WSWCA Academic All State 2017-2018 champion 2A 160 pounds
College choices include Oregon State, Fresno State, and Arizona State. He would like to pursue a degree psychiatry.
As per the speech given at the Boy of the Year ceremony:
“Teachers have described him as highly intelligent, driven, focused, and oozing with grit as stated by his Performance Training teacher.”
Andy enjoys fishing with his dad, spending time with family at numerous family functions, weekly Sunday breakfast at grandpa and grandma’s house, and playing his all time favorite game of “wiffle ball”.